Bangladesh Medical College
Top Reason Why Choose Bangladesh Medical College
The first private medical college in Bangladesh is deemed Bangladesh Medical College (BMC), and it is located in Dhanmondi, Dhaka. Bangladesh Medical College is approved by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council and connected with Dhaka University.
Bangladesh Medical College is listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED), Institute for International Medical Education (IIME), and World Directory of Medical Schools published by the World Health Organization. It is also accredited by numerous prestigious national medical councils. The reasons why you should attend this college for your medical education are outlined below :-
- English is the language of instruction at Bangladesh Medical College, and the MBBS program will last 5 years before requiring an internship of one year.
- The Teaching Hospital of Bangladesh Medical College that is attached to the Dhanmondi Campus is a tertiary care referral medical facility that offers students and junior doctors excellent training.
- A large, modern mobile hospital with a fully air-conditioned operating room, patient examination and treatment facilities, and acquisition by Bangladesh Medical College.
- The classrooms at Bangladesh Medical College are spacious, fully air-conditioned, and feature closed-circuit televisions for lectures.
- There are over 6674 books in the modern, fully air-conditioned library at Bangladesh Medical College, including pricey new monographs. Each year, it subscribes to 16 international medical journals.
- Buildings for the university hostels are located on the Bangladesh Medical College campus and are protected 24 x 7.For the international students living in these hostels, it feels a lot like home.
- The rooms come equipped with everything If you need, including a telephone, television, and Internet access.
- The culture is the same as India. The environment and climate are also substantially similar.
Bangladesh Medical College Hospital
Bangladesh Medical College has been recognized by the Bangladeshi Medical and Dental Council since 1986. The College was added to the Global Directory of Medical Schools in 1995, published by the World Health Organization. Graduates of Bangladesh Medical College are eligible to receive limited registration through the General Medical Council of the United Kingdom. They are also qualifying to take the United States Medical License Examinations (USMLE).
Bangladesh Medical College and the hospital attached to Dhanmondi are housed in three buildings of 6 floors with provisions for 600 inpatients. It has an excellent outpatient service as well as hospital establishments. The College also has up-to-date accident and emergency services. Every class has multimedia projectors, computers, slide projectors and microphone systems. There are 5 large fully air conditioned classrooms for lectures. As well, there are departmental tutorial rooms within the respective departments.
Bangladesh Medical College Syllabus
Bangladesh MBBS syllabus is similar to India. In medical colleges in Bangladesh, the years/courses are referred to as “phases.” MBBS students would go for a year of internship in the country after finishing 5 years/phases. The syllabus of MBBS in Bangladesh follows the National Medical Commission’s recommendations and is modeled after a medical University in India.
1st Professional MBBS
2nd Professional MBBS
Pharmacology & Therapeutics
3rd Professional MBBS
Medicine & Allied Subjects
Surgery & Allied Subjects
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Final Professional MBBS
Bangladesh Medical College Eligibility Criteria
Every applicant who aspires to be admitted to Bangladesh Medical College should take into consideration the eligibility requirements of the Dhaka National Medical College.
- The students must have complied to sit for the 10+2 exam at the recognized university or school.
- Minimum aggregate GPA in Class-10 & 12 is 7.00
- Minimum GPA either in Class-10 or 12 is 3.00
- Minimum GPA in Biology is 3.50
% of Marks
80.00 – 100.00
4.00 – 4.99
70.00 – 79.99
3.50 – 3.99
60.00 – 69.99
3.00 – 3.49
50.00 – 59.99
2.00 – 2.99
40.00 – 49.99
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in Class-12 exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) are considered. Qualifying grade in each subject individually is “C”. Therefore GPA is = (total marks obtained in 3 subjects)/3.
- Optional subjects shall be considered if GPA is below 5.
Admission Procedure Of Bangladesh Medical College 2023
1) Submit Scan copy of Class-X & XII Mark Sheet & Neet Result.
2) Offer Letter has to be issued from the College within 7-10 working days.
3) Pay booking fees direct to college account within 7-10 days
4) Documents required in Original:-
- Admit Card, Marks Sheet & Pass Certificate – Class X
- Admit Card, Marks Sheet & Pass Certificate – Class XII
- Passport, Pan Card & Aadhar Card
5) 4 sets of Xerox of all above documents.
6) 20 copies passport size color photograph with white background
7) Pay the rest due amount of 1st year fees.
8) Confirm Admission Letter issued from the College before visa
9) At the end, the student will get the VISA and start his/her dream journey.
Bangladesh Medical College Fees Structure 2023
- Total US $ 49,000 (US dollars forty-nine thousand only)
- US $ 25,000 (US dollars twenty-five thousand) at the time of admission
- US $ 24,000 (US dollars twenty four thousand) to be paid in four equal installments at the end of each year.
- Single Room (Ac) US $190/Month
- Double Room (Ac) US $180/Month
- Triple/4 Bedded Room (AC) US $170/Month
- All Non (Ac) Room (Single, Double, Triple Others) US $160/Month
Bangladesh Medical College Life for Indian Students
MBBS in Bangladesh has constantly been the maximum looked after and low priced alternative for aspiring medical doctors from India. Every year, nearly 900 Indian college students tour Bangladesh for his or her scientific studies. MBBS in Bangladesh is a great preference for Indian students. It is one of the budget friendly for Indian citizens. MBBS in Bangladesh Medical College has emerged as the top choice for Indian students for the following reasons:
- The National Medical Board approves a significant number of medical colleges in Bangladesh selected by Indian students.
- In Bangladesh’s best private and medical colleges, 25% of places are reserved for Indian students, so there are more opportunities in Bangladesh.
- The college provides the hospital facility to its enrolled students.
- Bangladesh Medical College and the hospital attached to Dhanmondi are housed in three buildings of 6 floors with provisions for 600 inpatients.
- Indian food (veg & non-veg) is easily available there.
Frequently Asked Questions For Bangladesh Medical College 2022-23
The candidate must have a NEET score that is acceptable. Bangladesh Medical College accepts students who have earned at least 60% of their marks.
The college offers the best facilities in a variety of areas, including a hostel, an advanced library, a clean cafeteria with clean food, well-equipped labs, a large auditorium, and appropriate transportation options.
Students must first complete their academics from a board recognized by PCB. Next is to qualify the NEET exam. For more information, students can check Dhaka National Medical College Admission Process.