Complete Guide for your MBBS in Bangladesh
Complete Guide for your MBBS in Bangladesh
Pursuing a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) in Bangladesh is becoming an increasingly popular option for medical aspirants worldwide. The country has a well-established medical education system, and its medical colleges are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Medical Council of India (MCI), and other leading international organizations. If you are considering pursuing an MBBS in Bangladesh, here is a complete guide to help you through the process.
To apply for an MBBS program in Bangladesh, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must have completed high school or equivalent education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects.
- You must have secured at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in your high school or equivalent education.
- You must have a valid passport.
To apply for an MBBS in Bangladesh, follow these steps:
- Research: Research different medical colleges in Bangladesh, their admission process, fees, and other details.
- Apply: Apply to your chosen medical colleges directly or through authorized representatives. You can also apply online through the college’s website.
- Submit Documents: Submit the required documents, including your high school certificate, mark sheets, passport, and any other documents required by the college.
- Pay Application Fees: Pay the application fees, which may vary from college to college.
- Wait for the Result: Wait for the college to announce the admission results.
The admission process for MBBS in Bangladesh generally involves the following steps:
- Entrance Exam: Some colleges may conduct an entrance exam, while others may consider your high school grades. The entrance exam typically includes questions on Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Interview: Shortlisted candidates may be called for an interview with the college authorities.
- Medical Check-Up: Candidates who clear the entrance exam and interview will be asked to undergo a medical check-up.
- Final Admission: The final admission will be based on your entrance exam scores, interview performance, and medical check-up results.
Duration and Curriculum:
The MBBS program in Bangladesh is a five-year course, followed by a one-year internship. The curriculum includes both theoretical and practical subjects, including Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, and Community Medicine.
Fees and Scholarships:
The tuition fees for MBBS in Bangladesh vary from college to college, but on average, they range from USD 30,000 to USD 45,000 for the entire course. However, the fees may be lower for government colleges.
Many colleges also offer scholarships to meritorious students, and some of these scholarships may cover the entire tuition fee or a significant portion of it.
The cost of living in Bangladesh is generally lower compared to other countries, and as an international student, you can expect to spend around USD 100–150 per month on accommodation, food, transportation, and other expenses.
Language and Culture:
The official language of Bangladesh is Bengali, but most medical colleges offer MBBS programs in English, and you don’t need to learn Bengali to pursue the course.
Bangladesh has a rich and diverse culture, and you can expect to experience a unique blend of traditions, music, food, and festivals during your stay.
After completing an MBBS in Bangladesh, you can either pursue further studies or start your medical career. You can take the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) in India to practice as a doctor or pursue post-graduate studies in India or abroad.
It’s worth noting that while pursuing an MBBS in Bangladesh can be a great option, it’s important to be aware of the potential challenges. The weather conditions in Bangladesh can be challenging, with high humidity and temperatures. Additionally, the language barrier and cultural differences may take some time to adjust to.
In conclusion, pursuing an MBBS in Bangladesh can be a great option for those looking for quality medical education at an affordable cost. However, it’s important to thoroughly research the colleges, eligibility criteria, admission process, fees, and scholarships before making a decision. With the right preparation and dedication, you can successfully complete your MBBS program in Bangladesh and start your career in medicine.